9.10.2017

Caring nurse : Touching the heart of others by music ( a therapy)

I could remember that I've found myself singing at home of my Parkinson patients ( an old couple) who newly have transferred to care+, not because I wanted to sing there and then, but on the course of our conversation, we touched the topic on music, Int he course of our conversation, I've also observed things of relevance like an old guitar suspended from one corner of the wall, just  three meters from the entrance, I could also see an old music organ,  the husband, that wa sitting quitely on his corner of the room, suddenly lightened up and became engaged, the wife, was teary eyed when she mentioned her favorite song Falling in Love with you (By Elvis Presley) that she hasn't heard for a very long time now. I told the wife that I know how to sing the song but I do not have the full text so I needed my cellphone for the text. I saw the excitement on their eyes, both of them!
So I sang the song, and I made them happy, I made myself happy as well.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODok6eNtA9c


No comments:

Post a Comment