3.31.2017

Inspirational : Self esteem is getting better as you grow older

At 60 I have realized that the things I used to fear about, are things not worthy thinking about anymore. I remember way-back in 2002, in a beautiful winter-capital of Norway called Geilo, October month, the sun was shining and it was slowly snowing, very idyllic. It was my first day of the lecture on my Strategic Leadership class. Inside me, it felt like something slowly tearing me apart. I was nervous and unsure of myself. I went inside the room where everybodys mingling with each other. I knew nobody there..but I know only my nervous self.  It was a terrible feeling, I felt so small and thought that nobody there would ever wanted to come first to talk to me. Everybody seems to be prettier, smarter and have more self confidence than me, I thought! What should I do? I decided to wait what will happen. and decided to stay calm, and stayed put on the same place,  until one woman looked at my direction, smilingly, she came walking towards me (she became my best friend since then and until today) approached me for she noticed me sitting alone on a chair on the opposite corner of the room, she befriended me (and made me feel comfortable) and offered me company. and then, I felt blessed !

pinterest.com

just me.


At 60, I've became aware that there are far more important things in life that is worth my attention.
But I also realized that nothing of the past has been wasted. Your story in the past are factors that
made you up as an individual of today. A better person with a robust self-esteem !

No comments:

Post a Comment