11.13.2016

It is all about HONESTY.. (The most important and the best policy)

Inspirational.
It is all about HONESTY.
intermedio.2

When I went to college at Xavier University ( Cagayan de Oro City-Philippines) what caught my mind was the school logo. It says. Veritas Liberabit Vos.. Meaning..The truth shall make you free.
By that time then, my life or my attitude towards life was change. It had made an impact to me. The words became my guiding rule in my young life.

As young woman and a student at the cities most prominent school, lie and not to lie became a grace and a disgrace in terms of living my everyday life with my strict guardian.
It had made a kind of uproar inside me and there were contradictions in my mind.
To live a totally honest life ( that I wanted to) was difficult, there was period of my life as a student, that I had to make a choice... a very difficult task and I was terrified with the thought. I became so obsessed in joining a secret organization at school, and I did. And I of course had to make a lie..to my lola (grandma) (Feeling so terrible and afraid). Thinking back, the choices that I made in my life tells me that I have a strong character. But I was not happy about having that secret, it was a terrible feeling.


Becoming a fraternity member was forbidden in such a way that no one must talk about it openly, our meetings were open but our initiations were secret and had to take place on secluded areas no one knows. I was a neophyte, and my life was miserable at that point. What made it more miserable was my being untruthful to grandma. I went through a painful process physically and psychologically as part of the initiation program.

What if my lola knew about it, my late-comings in the evening after having been through an initiations was the most challenging, my lola would certainly have disliked it and disapproved so I would have suffered the consequences if discovered. But I succeed keeping the secret until I graduated 6 months later. Part of me was proud of my achievement part of me, was not!

That was the biggest, the most challenging and the first and the last serious lie I ever made in my life (managed to keep it a secret for half year, seemed like 1 year to me)
that I remember and at the same time the one that gave a real beautiful feeling and experience.
 I didn’t regret joining the sorority/fraternity in college.

1977-1978 I became a member of the Fraternity at Xavier University(Ateneo de Cagayan) chapter.
- Philippines.

But folks ! This has taken place a long, long time ago..so I don't know if the practice still
exists!
Sorority name : Lambda Phi Delta.
Fraternity name : Beta Phi Upsilon.
I know that I have brothers and sisters from all over the world.
Borrowed logo. (site under construction)

Still on HONESTY,
Yesterday 12 Nov, 2016  I got the courage of testing the website that gave a personal-character analysis, so I took the survey for fun and was amazed and surprised upon the result.
I was happy to learn that the survey serves as confirmation for me.
That I lead and lived my daily life and my dealings with my acquaintances, friends, family,job, my children and with myself, in an honest way, what a lovely thing ! ;)

You can visit their website by following this link:
https://www.viacharacter.org/www/  

My top strength.
 I live my life in a genuine and authentic way. - by VIA character.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment