11.13.2016

It is all about HONESTY and TRUTH ( Veritas Liberabit Vos)

Inspirational.
It is all about HONESTY.
intermedio.2

When I went to college at Xavier University ( Cagayan de Oro City-Philippines) what caught my mind was the school logo. It says. Veritas Liberabit Vos..
Meaning..The truth shall make you free.
By that time then, my life or my attitude towards life was change. It had made an impact to me. The words became my guiding rule in my young life.

As young woman and a student at the cities most prominent school, lie and not to lie became a grace and a disgrace in terms of living my everyday life with my strict guardian.
It had made a kind of uproar inside me and it was indeed difficult time for me.
To live a totally honest life ( that I wanted to live by) when I by a very important occasion and period of my life as a student, I became so keen in joining a secret organization at school, and I did.
And I had to make a lie..to my lola (grandma) :( 

Becoming a fraternity member was forbidden in such a way that no one must talk about it openly, our meetings were open but our initiations were secret and had to take place on secluded areas no one knows but us as a group... I was a neophyte, and my life was miserable at that point. What made it more miserable was my being untruthful to grandma. It was secret, I was afraid for a longer time.
What if my lola knew would have known about it, coming late in the evening after having been through an initiations was the most challenging, my lola would disliked it and disapproved it so I would have suffered the consequences if discovered. But I succeed keeping the secret until I graduated 6 months later.

That was the biggest, the first and the last serious lie I ever made in my life that I remember and at the same time the one that gave a real beautiful feeling and experienced that lasted. I got several paddles back there and has gone thru psychologic turture ( he he) but all were part of the program,
I was a wonderful feeling of brotherhood when I finished the rituals and has been accepted as full member. A sister to my brothers and sisters. And I miss the contact especially with my brothers.

 I didn’t regret joining the sorority/fraternity in college.
1977-1978 I became a member of the Fraternity at Xavier Unviersity (Ateneo de Cagayan)
Philippines,

But folks ! This happened a long, long time ago..
Sorority name : Lambda Phi Delta.
Fraternity name : Beta Phi Upsilon.
I know that I have brothers and sisters from all over the world.
Borrowed logo. (site under construction)


Still on HONESTY,
Yesterday 12 Nov, 2016  I got the courage of testing the website that gave a personalcharacter analysis, so I did the survey, and was amazed and surprised upon the result.
I was happy to learn that I lead and lived my daily life and my dealings with my acquaintances, friends, family,job, my children and with myself, in an honest way, confirmed by this legitimate survey on the net.

Please follow the link:
https://www.viacharacter.org/www/  

My top strength.
 I live my life in a genuine and authentic way. - by VIA character.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment