10.20.2018

Inspirational: Respect your emotion (feel the urge and express it your way)

Friday. I was so exhausted after a hard days work as nurse. Me and one caretaker, against all odds.
Odds: 7 senile long-term dementia patients, if I may describe that way. Age ranging from 73 to 93 multi-morbidity and with different behaviors as individuals they are, each of them, so we need to find an individual approach during the day and the evening, as part of of the therapy.
Not easy though, therefore, under such a scarcity of resources, we obliged ourself to prioritized and focus on the most important chores ..this is  more or less the arrangement during  the week-end. The program is tight.

Music. I love to sing. So we introduce music as an ordinary part of our dsy af the nursing home. Every-one seems to appreciate music, and this is a well-known therapy form. As music is an important part of the lives of people regardless of race, language and background.
When the mental fails, the music remains the same.

Friday. I went home tired, so tired upon reaching my door, so i felt like collapsing in the couch, then I felt that my emotion changed into irritation...thinking about things that don't work optimally at job irritates me sometimes. But I have never lose my temper.

by:D.McNamara


It is but heathy to show emotion, negative or positive, but I do it when i am alone, at home or outside in the forest when I am  sure i nobody is around me, except the birds and the trees.
Then you feel free to either laugh, cry or shout to your hearts desire.

According to A.W. Schaef Some people and situations deserve our anger.
White-hot anger is good, like a  CELESTIAL ENEMA.

We feel better with it when we feel it, don't dump it on others, and work it through.

This is true, remember that others have to deal with themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment